Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Library and Research Services for Parliaments
- 25 March 2022, 08:24
Theme: "Time to re-connect: introducing new services to answer recent challenges"
IFLAPARL WLIC Open Session 2022, Dublin Ireland: Call for Proposals
The IFLA Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section – IFLAPARL – is seeking presentation proposals for its Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2022 in Dublin, Ireland.
Context: Legislative Libraries and Research Services embrace new ways to meet the evolving needs of the parliaments and the elected members we serve, and the past two years, during the Covid Pandemic, the push to pivot and innovate was never stronger. Share your successes with your colleagues so we can all benefit from learning about new services that answered recent challenges – either Pandemic-related or otherwise.
We are looking for short (5-7 minutes), practical presentations on successful implementations related to the topics of:
- Tracking value of products and services
- Training staff to ensure they have the skills of the future
- Using data
- Innovative tools, products and services
Presentations will be in English and presenters must be able to attend the WLIC in person.
Following the presentations, the remaining time will be devoted to a workshop, where tables will be staffed with the presenters and a facilitator. Attendees will be invited to self-select which table / presentation they would like to discuss further, to ask questions and share information.
Proposals must be submitted in an electronic format and must include the following information:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract (no more than 500 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and positions and or titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- PPTs will be published in IFLA’s online Library following conference
- Confirmation that you can attend the IFLA congress and present in person if selected
Send proposal abstracts (500 words or less) by 30 May 2022 to:
Chair, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
Fabiola Elena Rosales Salinas
Information Coordinator, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
Please use as subject heading of your email “IFLAPARL WLIC OPEN″ followed by the name(s) of presenter(s).
- 30 May 2022 (Monday): Deadline for submission of abstract
- 10 June 2022 (Friday): Notification of acceptance
- TBA: Deadline for submission of presenter information and final paper
- TBA: Deadline for submission of slides
All presentations made at the WLIC 2022 will be made available on the IFLA website under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.