Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Library Publishing Special Interest Group
- 30 March 2022, 09:41
Theme: "Library Publishing: inclusive and open scholarly communication that supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals"
The IFLA Library Publishing Special Interest Group is seeking proposals for 5-minute lightning talks to be presented at its Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2022 in Dublin, Ireland. The session will be followed by 30-minutes of Q&A and discussion.
This session will explore the contribution of library publishing to the advancement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The value of library publishing on these and like topics is that the work reaches and supports readers and policymakers where they live, with information relevant to their immediate needs and strategic challenges. Inspiration and engagement result from such publications, and they enable coherent and focused discussion, policymaking, and action in specific circumstances. Presentations will inform WLIC participants about a variety of initiatives through library produced publications that are often locally rooted and relevant, almost always openly accessible, and produced as trusted and high-quality content which address a range of global issues pertaining to the UN SDGs.
Possible topics may include, but are not limited to, how your library publishing program:
- Promotes gender equality
- Advocates for climate action
- Supports quality education
- Promotes good health and well-being
- Creates partnerships for the SDGs
- Advocates for peace, justice and strong institutions
- At least one of the presentation’s authors must be present to deliver the presentation during the Open Session in Dublin.
- Abstracts are to be submitted only with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted presentations.
- The language of the session will be English.
- All presentations at the WLIC 2022 will be available online under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Authors of accepted presentations must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
Please submit a proposal before or by Sunday, 29th May 2022, including an abstract (150 words), title, presenter(s) and institution(s) to Jane Buggle email@example.com with the subject: WLIC2022 Library Publishing Proposal. Receipt of all submissions will be confirmed.