Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Serials & Other Continuing Resources
- 31 March 2022, 13:54
Theme: "The Use of Transformative Agreements: Do They Increase Access to Research?"
The IFLA Serials & Other Continuing Resources section is seeking proposals for papers to be presented at its Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2022 in Dublin, Ireland.
With the growing appreciation and support for Open Access in serials and scholarly communication, there has been a growth in the use and development of transformative agreements. These transformative agreements allow for libraries and other such institutions and organizations to shift subscription costs to open access publishing. Due to efforts by funders, governments and libraries in Europe and North America in particular, these types of agreements and this reallocation of funding has grown notably in recent years; though notably, support for transformative agreements is not universal: how is this changing and why?
This live and in-person program will feature presenters discussing various aspects of the adoption and development of these types of agreements, such as:
- What makes a transformative agreement successful in practice?
- Can Green OA and “transformation” work together?
- What to look for when negotiating a transformative agreement
- Publisher, library, funder, or consortia perspectives on transformative agreements
- Variations in use and development of transformative agreements by region or subject (STEM, Social Sciences, Humanities, etc.)
- Where does this fit within the broader movement for Open Science?
- Is Library publishing offering an alternative to transformative agreements?
Each presentation will be 20 minutes and in English. Time for Q&A will be scheduled after the paper presentations.
Proposals must be submitted in an electronic format and must include the following information:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract of the proposed paper (no more than 150 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and positions and or titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- Note a willingness to comply with IFLA’s Authors’ Permission
- Confirmation that you can attend the IFLA congress and present in person if selected
Send proposal abstracts (150 words or less) by 18 April 2020 to:
Zsuzsanna Gombos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 18 April 2022: Deadline for submission of abstract
- 26 April 2022: Notification of acceptance
- 30 June 2022: Deadline for submission of slides
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the Open Session in Dublin.
The paper must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere. All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2022 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Apply for Grants & Awards webpage.